Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do u clean the filter

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do u clean the filter

i am gonna clean my K&N filter but dont really know how b/c i lost the instruction sheet, i know i need the recharger kit. one part is kinda blackish color so i need to clean asap.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

One tip is to always flush from inside out. Back-flush the contaminents out, don't try to flush them thru to the clean side. Removing the gravel between the screen pleets is the most time consuming.

I always use dish soap. It's an excellent degreaser. Rinse well, let air dry and lightly coat with spray-on K&N Air Filter. Don't over-oil, or you will contaminate the filaments in your MAF.

I ran with a paper Fram a day or two while the filter dries out and then another day for the filter oil to wick into the cotton filter.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spray with cleaner, soak 10 min, rinse from the inside out with cool water, no harsh pressure just faucet or sprayer/sink type pressure, repeat if necessary. When clean, dry it at room temp only, dont heat at all just room temp. When totally dry oil it, it dont take much as it wicks out well after a couple hrs. If its a bottle just run a thin line down the tops of the ridges, and wait to see how much it wicks out, if you need more then do it, dont over oil, it affects flow and it can get into the maf ect. For the newer spray cans instructions are on the can.

EDIT: I GUESS I TYPE TOOO SLOW.