Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished putting in headers and y pipe(Review)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished putting in headers and y pipe(Review)

I just finished my pacesetter headers and tsp catted y pipe. It took me two days. The pacestter headers went in fine, I only had to remove the oil dipstick and strut bar to make some extra room. The TSP catted y pipe sucks. The driver side hits the floor board and makes a loud and annoying vibration sound Makes the car sound like crap. I even torched and cut down some of the transmission cross member. Ground clearance is fine, just hits to dam floor board. I think i might go to my local exhaust shop and have a custom y pipe made.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Teching In

I had mine installed recently, and while the sound is great i have noticed what seems to be the y pipe banging the floorboard when the car hooks at low speed....however I can't validate this as Im not much of a car tech...any thoughts?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mine is the opposite. my POS tsp catted y hangs soo ******* low. ive already had it adjusted by a shop and it still hangs low. it scrapes EVERYWHERE. im ******* pissed!

i flipped my fuel line brakcet and gonan take it to the shop AGAIN tommorw to see if it can be tucked up more.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cuban Missile
I had mine installed recently, and while the sound is great i have noticed what seems to be the y pipe banging the floorboard when the car hooks at low speed....however I can't validate this as Im not much of a car tech...any thoughts?

My car sounds great too when the car isnt moving. Sounds awesome when in park or neutral. But while driving, the movement from the engine during acceleration causes the y pipe to hit the floor board like a hundred times a second(exaggerating but seems like it) and results in that constant annoying vibration sound and ='s that crappy sound overall
Old 09-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kens98TransAm
My car sounds great too when the car isnt moving. Sounds awesome when in park or neutral. But while driving, the movement from the engine during acceleration causes the y pipe to hit the floor board like a hundred times a second(exaggerating but seems like it) and results in that constant annoying vibration sound and ='s that crappy sound overall
yea, mine isnt that bad. In fact i dont even notice it except if i happen to get on it at real low speed.....Although the shop that installed my headers and y did say they had to cut the y pipe up to make it fit correctly, so that might have something to do with it....
Old 09-02-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Try putting a piece of rubber hose between the Y and floorboard where it is banging.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

I went with the Pacesetters and their ORY. Perfect fit with no banging or clearance problems. Very easy install as well. If the TSP Y is that bad it might be worth getting a new one that fits better?