Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Rattle/New noise coming from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Rattle/New noise coming from exhaust

I have pacesetter long tube headers....with TSP true duals 2.5 with 16" bullet mufflers....I loved the way it sounded and now it's changed.....Now from the exhaust on acceleration and idle there is a rattle/rasp type noice coming from the exhaust........I hear sometimes people wrap the longtubes in a special wrap but would that help....not sure what the problem is but if anyone could help that would be greatly apreciated
Old 09-04-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone know anything about this or what I could do....I've no idea on what this problem is....It's really random that the noise changed....Do you think that maybe it's the x-pipe slipping from the headers...I've no idea
Old 09-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Hey, I think I have the same rattle on stock manifolds/Y with Loudmouth.
I solved the problem once by loosening the collecter pipe from the y-pipe and re-tightened it. Work for about 6 months but has since come back. Have tried the same thing again and no luck. You should do what I'm going to do and just re-tighten everything under there.

The noise is constant at idle with the AC on, I have taken a broom handle to the exhaust and applied pressure. It goes away with the pressure, so hopefully getting everything loose and re-tightened again will help.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Teching In

When i got my magnaflow exhaust put on my Trans Am it rattled also. I put some kind of brillo pads between the exhaust and clamp. That is where mine was rattling. Since then it has sounded fine.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same problem. I guess I need to loosen and tighten all the hardware.

Bill
Old 09-08-2005, 06:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

Tighten all hardware with lock tight last night and my noise is gone. Hope it stays that way.

Bill