Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still have stock EGR, where did you mount your catch can?

Old 09-04-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Still have stock EGR, where did you mount your catch can?

I bought the 15mm Greddy catchcan(ooops!) I know I should have bought the smaller 9mm one, but I didn't realize what I had bought off of ebay until it was too late. Anyways, I might be able to exchange it for the 9mm.

Anyways, I've seen guys mount their cans where the EGR is, but that won't work for me since I still have EGR. I've also heard of mounting the can behind the passenger side headlight. This is impossible with the big 15mm can. Can you do it with the smaller 9mm can?

The only place I could think of to mount it was under the passenger side headlight, behind the bumper. I really do not want it there because its a PITA to get to, and you can't really look at it to make sure its okay.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which design is it, square or round? I would send it back for a 9mm and get the square version if possible. They fit nicley behind the head light.

Old 09-04-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I looked on ebay. I'd sell the Greddy and pick up one of those square JDM cans for $55 shipped. Looks like it would fit perfect for alot cheaper.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll do that if I can't get the seller to exchange my 15mm for a 9mm. I think I have some leverage with him, the auction said to specify 9mm or 15mm, but when I did the buy it now option, it never gave me a box or anything to check which one I wanted.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

What type of bracket is holding that catchcan on?

I'm about to go to home depot and buy some junk to fabricate my own bracket. BTW it took forever to return that thing on ebay and I ended up having to buy a square one from a different buyer on ebay because he only had the round ones.

Search this Thread