Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prothane motor mount install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default prothane motor mount install?

well i got the drivers side out finally and broke a bolt that goes from the manifold to the cat.

that bolt has to be drilled out correct? or do i need a new driver side manifold. headers are not an option right now. also the new mount is huge compared to the stock piece so it doesnt site flat in the clam shell . anybody else have this problem. i used a vise to get it in but not flat.

thanks in advance
Old 09-07-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to do the same thing, Just put it in the vise and nut and bolt the holes on both ends of the clam shell..... BTW only do one motor mount..... If you do both it wont work for some reason the motor mount holes afterward just wont line up on both sides at the same time.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

so did just keep claming in the vise til the mount striaightened out? or is just going to have to stay a little of.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Both mine lined up with no problems, did the drivers side then the pass side. Also did you get all the old mount out of the shells before putting the new one in? If not you might want to do that. I didnt have a problem one with my install, the clam shells went right together. It was a bitch to get them back in the pedistal but that was the only problem.

Yes the bolt will need to be drilled out, unless you can get a pair of vise grips on the bolt & tyr that method first. Just take your time you'll get it.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

well i went ahead and pressed in the driver side as much as i can and left it as is. also with the bolt i just took it to a muffler shop to get it off. that set me back $20. but as far as the through bolt i got that in fine i just put the bolt through the opposite way. then lowered the car with pedestal bolts threaded already. now i just need a buddy to get the d--m manifold back on.