Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Bolt Question & IAC Motor Screws

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header Bolt Question & IAC Motor Screws

I bought an OEM bolt kit from GM do do the heads on my car. I've been trying to tune my car, but my LTFT's jump up to 21. The only thing I can think of is an exhaust leak. The bolts I got were longer than the stock ones. I had to stick a washer in between them and the header. I can still see a small gap between the head and the header. Are the exhaust bolts for the 241 head different than the 317's? I'm thinking the bolt holes aren't as deep on my 317's. I would guess the bolts are the same, but what's the deal? I can smell exhaust in the AC when sitting in traffic. Also, what are some good replacement screws for the IAC motor? The stock ones aren't playing nice with the FAST 90 TB. They don't go in all the way and don't even get tight with two washers.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:22 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what's going on with the header bolts. I was unable to get two of the regular stock bolts in and went with 2 of the shorter ones supplied with the pacesetters.
As for the IAC, just take one of the bolts to a hardware store and get what you need. I was able to get some in this little town. (don't remember the size, though). Get some nuts with them if they are a little long and thread a nut up and dremel off the excess, taking the nut back off usually straightens out the threads on the end.