Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine vibration at 2k-2.4k...I think it's the ASP pulley

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine vibration at 2k-2.4k...I think it's the ASP pulley

I'm thinking it's my underdrive pulley becuase it all started in February when i got the car put back together. Has anybody seen this happen before?

I thought it was a tuning issue but have everything pretty close in the tune and it's still there. The more load i put on it the more it vibrates. I have never had issues of the charging system dipping down or false knock. but i think the pulley is out of balance.

Would a machine shop be able to determine this? any ideas on how i could test it locally w/o sending it back to ASP? Thanks

Nate
Old 09-11-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

are u sure u got the crankshaft bolt tightened enough , i beleive the torque spec on that is like 200ft/lbs which is a ton, could be leading to vibration if not tightened enough
Old 09-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Banned

im going to double check it tonight. But it sure as hell was tight. I put a 4 ft breaker bar and had a buddy help me
Old 09-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

I've read before that a certian brand of underdrive pullies are known for being out of balance and causing a lot of problems. The info is documented at installuniversity.com
Seems I read a lot too about people having problems with underdrive pullies in general. Might want to consider going back to stock.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Banned

Actually the more i think about it the more i think i have a weird resonance going on between the exhaust resonance and the solid motor mounts. I'm going to try a few more things tomorrow to fix it.

Nate