Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabricated exhaust vs Brand performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabricated exhaust vs Brand performance exhaust

Your guys opinion, I noticed exhaust systems such as flow Master, Corsa, Borla, etc etc have their specific system to our cars, but I noticed alot of muffler/ exhaust shops that fabricates using performance mufflers are much much cheaper. What would be the ideally route? Go to a shop and have them customize you an exhaust system or buy the kit?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's nothing wrong with getting it custom at a shop. Doing it at the shop you can make sure they fit the exhaust to your car (not super important for just a standard cat-back, more so for y-pipe or dual exhaust). If you do have a shop do it just do some homework, it seems like a lot of exhaust shops aren't too familiar with our cars. Make sure they use a muffler you like and make sure they use mandral bends in their tubing. Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you have your own welder and some experience fabbing exausts you'll find that doing it your self saves a ton of money. a flowmaster 40 series goes for about $80, 3" exhaust tubing goes for $10 for 4 feet. go figure.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get or rent a welder like he said and weld your own up. its very easy. I did mine and its better than any aftermarker ive seen. The welds on aftermarket stuff is only marginal.