Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cold air kit?s

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold air kit?s

Hey everyone thought about putting an SSRA intake kit but ive herd that it wouldnt help that much on an already ram air(ss) becasue to take full advantage of the kit you have to seal the front airbox (ie where the ramair hood flow goes through) should i leave it stock or purchase the kit and if i get the kit should i or should i not seal the front
Old 09-17-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alot of people have the cold air kit on there ram air cars. I dont know if it would be better to seal it or not but I never sealed mine. (Z28 with OEM SS HOOD)
Old 09-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Banned

The Camaro SS's do not have a true "ram-air" intake and a SSRA would increase your horsepower. The WS6 ram air is not as good as a FTRA or SSRA setup either. I'm waiting on my FTRA to arrive. Better design IMHO and they don't hang low like the SSRA. Fast Toys just got a shipment in so they should have one in stock if you want. They need to be sealed for the best performance and it's not hard to do.