Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT Sensor in TB

Old 09-18-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IAT Sensor in TB

I have been searching for an hour and still have not found what I am looking for.

Some time back someone had posted a write up on relocating the IAT sensor into the TB. Anybody remember that...or have any experience with it.

Looking into a alky or Meth install and want to relocate the IAT sensor at the same time.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen where people run an LS6 maf, and relocate the IAT sensor to the maf via the 5pin mod or something ... never heard of relocating it to the TB tho
Old 09-19-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FstBlkz28
I've seen where people run an LS6 maf, and relocate the IAT sensor to the maf via the 5pin mod or something ... never heard of relocating it to the TB tho
Yeah ....there was a thread somewhere I saw where the guy had a whole install thread complete with pics. Installed the IAT sensor in place of the PCV tube on the Pax side of the TB. Possible the thread wasn't even on this board but I could have sworn it was!!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FstBlkz28
The Z06 MAF has the IAT sensor in the MAF. Otherwise, it is located in the air lid.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

What I am trying to accomplish is a realworld location for the IAT sensor. I am running a procharger setup, which has the IAT sensor in the Inlet air filter. The PCM is not seeing what is really going into the engine. Additionally I plan to install a alky / meth system which the sensor needs to acknowledge.

My thought was to install the IAT sensor inplace of the unused PCV tube on the Throttle Body, then locate the spray nozzle near the sensor.

The relocation I am referring to has been done by someone....but I have lost the thread

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IAT Sensor in TB