Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Default wiring harness

sorry mods if this is the wrong place move if necessary

i have a 98 ls1 motor but a 99 pcm and wiring harness am i going to run into any trouble or will it be fine. also the motor is being rebuld into a 402 if that makes any difference. one other thing is there a place that tells what all of the connectors are for. i got both the motor and harness at the same time but were not conncted so i would like to have an advanced knowledge before i go in and just plug in things if they fit so before i get everythign done i would like to know if i am going to run into problems thanks a lot

oh yeah it might help if i told you what it was going in a 2001 firebird

Last edited by blackbyrd; 09-19-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you will have problem with the 2 knock sensors from the 98ls1 i believe the 99-02 have a different style connector but from what i read your better off just upgrading to a 99-02 knock sensor's 98's had some problems with them. Other then that i believe all the other sensor connectors should be the same. I know for sure that 04 z06 Crank sensor and cam sensors are same as my old 98 ones so i dont think you should have any problems using the harness on a 98 motor. You might have problem with VAT's i dont know if you would be able to start the car with old key.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

if the knock sensor is on the side of the block then its not a problem i got bored last night and went and hooked everything up i could. the only things left ( i believe ) are plugs for the accessories, tranny, the one that goes through the firewall, and the one going down towards the battery on the passenger side. and the no2 sensors for the cats. as far as i can tell there are no sensors left unplugged on the motor.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

98 & 99 Harness's are different. Your best bet is to go with one or the other. Trying to mix the two will only result in nightmares.