Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hole in header....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hole in header....

Well I went to a meet tonight to meet up with some friends that I hadn't seen in a while b/c of my car being down. Everything was fine going there got on it a couple times and it ran GREAT! Well on my way home I get on it on the on ramp of the highway and I heard a weird sound so I let off and it sounds like I have a HORRIBLE exaust leak. So I limp it up the next gas station I see and I pop the hood. I can't see anything wrong from the top so I get down on the bottom to look, nothing. So I start it back up and it's still making the noise, all of a sudden I see a blue flame shoot out of the header. YEP I put a HOLE in my HEADER. The tube that runs up from the first header where I have me EGR block off plate is barely attached to the header so I slightly pull it and it comes off and leaves about a 1 1/2 hole in my header. Well I didn't want to call a tow truck and all my buddies that have trailers weren't able to access them at the time so I said F--- it and drove it home very slowly trying to keep it at an RPM that I couldn't hear the leak sound.

Now what do you guys think I should do? Call Hooker and tell them what happened and see if they will replace them? Should I weld the piece back onto the header? Or should I just get a new set of headers?

Keep in mind these are coated headers.

Well hope everyone else is having better luck with their cars than me.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:09 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would hope youd call hooker, headers are spendy you have to hope the company you buy them from will help you out. Good luck man.