Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT/ORY guys please come in

Old 09-24-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT/ORY guys please come in

Well, just like everyone told me my LT/ORY/CAM set up sounds absolutely terrible. It's WAY too loud at idle and and sounds a "little raspy" when you get on it I've heard quite a few sound clips but not too many in person. I'm running the Loudmouth right now and it's gotta go! I don't want a Borlamouth. Should I ditch the whole cat-back or weld in a muffler? I would much rather just do a muffler because of the $$. The question is what muffler, I'm thinking Bullet but have never heard one other than on the web. Any help would be great Thanks
Old 09-24-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

I would try swapping in a Sweet thunder or Powerstick 3 inch chamber muffler first before you ditch it. That is the cheaper way. From what I have read on this site a borla xr-1 would help kill the rasp the most but its a little more expensive option.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 1 7/8" LT's with ORY, Borla but I have the QTP electric cut out makes a world of difference from H/C stalled to more stock sounding with slipping trans. But this is just me
Old 09-24-2005, 07:00 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

If you want an inline muffler on the I pipe then you can't get much better than the Borla. An alternative woud be to put a muffler of some sort on each pipe after it splits over the axle, and then again on the I pipe if it's still not quiet/right enough for you.
If you do want to do a single muffler, you will have to get a curved 3" pipe to match for the over-the-axle-pipe and fab for a single in/dual out, or do some welding and do a dual in/dual out muffler.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BURN'EM
I have 1 7/8" LT's with ORY, Borla but I have the QTP electric cut out makes a world of difference from H/C stalled to more stock sounding with slipping trans. But this is just me
With the cut out closed is it too quiet? I know thats a tough question but I think you know where I'm coming from. I had a Borla cat back on the car when I got it and ditched it for the LM. I wanted louder back then now I want less loud. Maybe I'm getting old.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

Borla if you can spare the money, and a bullet if you can't.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

get the hooker catback, it will quiet the car down some, yet its still loud.
the hooker has a nice deep tone
Old 09-25-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just put headers in this weekend with LM, extremely loud, I might swap my brother for his SLP Dual/Dual.

The car also ate a quarter of a tank of gas in about 20 miles, I need to fix that.

I have yet to do any research on the borlamouth. Good luck though.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

lt's. ory, lm, here. it was real loud which i liked but it was sloppy loud if you know what i mean and raspy . swapped out the resonator for the 3" borla xr-1 and it sounds much better overall. not quite as loud but no rasp and it sounds throaty. i am fairly happy, kinda pricey though overall its worth it.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

what is wrong with a BorlaMouth? is it the $$?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Borlamouth is the only thing I've heard that sounds half way decent to me with an ORY. So Borlamouth it is.I love how the car sounds @ idle right now but the rasp when driving is
Old 09-26-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by T-maxx
The Borlamouth is the only thing I've heard that sounds half way decent to me with an ORY. So Borlamouth it is.I love how the car sounds @ idle right now but the rasp when driving is
i know the feeling at idle and when it was revved up sounded great, downshifting sucked though, it sounded like some hillbillies ragged out truck with straight pipes.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by T-maxx
With the cut out closed is it too quiet? I know thats a tough question but I think you know where I'm coming from. I had a Borla cat back on the car when I got it and ditched it for the LM. I wanted louder back then now I want less loud. Maybe I'm getting old.

Yeah with the electric plate closing the Borla it's very quiet sounds like a slightly modified exhaust even with the H/C and no cats.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

ORY + BORLAMOUTH = SOUNDS SICK. =)

Thats the way to go .. get the Borla XR-1 and replace the Loudmouth bullshit "resonator" with the XR-1. MUUUUUUUUCHHHHHHHHHH BETTER SOUNDING!

Im just trying to figure out what to do now that I want a true-dual set up. I think im gonna try and squeeze another XR-1 with an X pipe. Anyone ever done this before?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:03 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Originally Posted by SLPCAMAROSS
ORY + BORLAMOUTH = SOUNDS SICK. =)

Thats the way to go .. get the Borla XR-1 and replace the Loudmouth bullshit "resonator" with the XR-1. MUUUUUUUUCHHHHHHHHHH BETTER SOUNDING!

Im just trying to figure out what to do now that I want a true-dual set up. I think im gonna try and squeeze another XR-1 with an X pipe. Anyone ever done this before?
I think it would work better clearance-wise and sound great if you could get the 2 XR-1s near the stock muff location.
I Would love to hear what 2 XR-1s sound like with true duals.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are their soundclips anywhere, besides LS1sounds, dont think ive seen it on there either of the Borlamouth XR1 plus LT and ORY, thanks.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gwj
I think it would work better clearance-wise and sound great if you could get the 2 XR-1s near the stock muff location.
I Would love to hear what 2 XR-1s sound like with true duals.
Yea true about the sound, im not sure if the clearance is that good though. Im gonna see what I can do and ill be sure to let you guys know what happens. Thanks again for your opinions

Search this Thread