Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla? magnaflow? slp? corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default borla? magnaflow? slp? corsa?

hey, . i wanna mod the exhaust on a tight budget, . . i was thinking of just keeping my stock exhaust but adding a diff muffler. i was thinking of a magnaflow, or a loudmouth resonator for the i pipe, . is the borla xr-1 the same muffler used in the ls1 catback??? if not which one is it? part number?? which would be better sounding? the borla xr-1 on the i pipe or the catback?? i also want a DEEP GROWL, which is the best exhaust for that? im afraid that the slp loudmouth would jus be plain loud with no growl or tone. . . . need help guys!!!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:39 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning on keeping your stock manifolds and y pipe?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

yea, i don't think i'll change those, . . maybe some lt's
Old 09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Borla XR1 mufflers are not the same ones used in the full catback. The XR1s are single in and out mufflers whereas the full catback muffler has 1 inlet and 2 outlets. If I were you, I'd go with a replacement Magnaflow muffler. It'll be cheap and sound good.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

go on ebay and buy a SLP loudmouth, or look on here, it will sound the best with stock y pipe.

i like the loudmouth, i wish i would have bought one when i got the flowmaster......but thats just me

Charlie
Old 09-29-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Junkie

there's two borla catbacks though, a non-adjustable and the adjustable, . . the adjustable has one inlet and one outlet, i was wondering if that was an xr-1 . . . anybody?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

Nope that is not an XR1
Old 09-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Teching In

SLP Loudmouth best sounding best performing catback with stock exhaust
Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

thanx guys. . . i dunno, i was hearing alot of positive things about the loudmouth, . . then a lot of bad things too, . . so its down to three setups, . . a loudmouth resonator on my I-pipe with stock muffler gone (ghetto loudmouth system), or instead of the LM, a borla, (ghetto borlamouth system) or a magnaflow muffler replacing the stock muffler, . . all setups will have a cut-out though . . . . whatcha guys think??? can i hear some comments from borlamouth owners?????
Old 09-29-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

I got the borla adjustable, i have pacesetter longtubes and ory. I like my borla because even with the smallest plate in its loud when you want and quiet when u need it too be. I was gunna go corsa but my neighboors dont like me and my car, so i got borla incase the called the cops and i had to quiet it down. Everyone is goin to have there own opinion on exhaust and that why you should listen to some and get the one you like the best.
peace rob
Old 09-29-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Borla with a QTEC, or similar product WIth my QTPs and cat' d y-pipe, and the QTEC closed, it' s quieter and has less drone with the manifolds...
Old 09-29-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want loud get the LM. I have it and love it. I added mac headers a while back and a catted y-pipe and loved it even more. Now i gutted my cats, and I love it more now than ever. I personally love the sound of a nice, loud, exhaust system and for around $300 + shipping the SLP LM (which is a stainless steel catback) is one of the best deals out there. Now if your goin for a sleeper type catback set-up or dont like your car really loud then get one of the other systems you listed. In addition, if you just want to go cheap get a cut-out welded in your I-pipe and leave it open all of the time. i sounds almost the exact same as the slp lm on the stock manifolds. Hope that helps and let us know what system you decide on!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

I have the SLP LM w/out cats and love it...
Old 09-29-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hell ya...see another lm owner who loves it. Honestly if your like most people on this board (or a fair majority) and you like loud exhaust you will not be dissapointed by the LM. I mean if your cruising around, it sounds really deep, throaty, and pissed off, then once you go WOT its like friggen NASCAR came to town! I havent heard another set-up (true duals included) that I like as much as the set-up I have right now. The only thing that could top it would maybe be headers, no cats, and true duals dumped at the axle.......with slp lm resonators instead of bullets! Might be in the works for me real soon!

Quick Reply: borla? magnaflow? slp? corsa?