Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air control valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question air control valve

when putting on race style lt's what did you do with the air control valve on the back of the intake, did you leave it on or take it off? mine is still on but i took the hoses off of it along with removing the air pump.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good question. I didn't know their was one on the back of the intake, when removing it..........Maybe I need to check mine.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checkout the bottom of page 1 in this post:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142

Lots of other good reading there too
Old 09-27-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are you talking about the round thing that the hoses plug into? If so I removed mine. Whats the point of having it if nothing is hooked up to it. There is a 15mm bolt on the back of the head. Loosen it up and pull it strait up. You don't have to pull the bolt all the way out. The bracket should come off along with the valve. There is also a 10mm nut on the valve cover that needs to be pulled off.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Are you talking about the round thing that the hoses plug into? If so I removed mine. Whats the point of having it if nothing is hooked up to it. There is a 15mm bolt on the back of the head. Loosen it up and pull it strait up. You don't have to pull the bolt all the way out. The bracket should come off along with the valve. There is also a 10mm nut on the valve cover that needs to be pulled off.

yeah the one on the drivers side. i tried to pull it off and couldn't. i will try again today. does that air control valve make ticking noises. i hear what sounds like an exhaust leak and i checked all the header bolts and clamps, no air coming out. so i don't know where that ticking is coming from.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I never noticed a sound from it... It's real easy to get out. Getting to the bolt can be a pain but if you pull the vacume line from the brake booster than it makes it a lot easier.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I never noticed a sound from it... It's real easy to get out. Getting to the bolt can be a pain but if you pull the vacume line from the brake booster than it makes it a lot easier.
i got the thing off today. it was real easy, i was pulling on it a little bit and the thing broke, i didn't even have to remove the 15mm bolt. . the ticking is still there so it wasn't that. the search continues.......