Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake question..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake question..

I just bought one for my car, are they difficult to install?(removing the old and in with the new?), ...or am I better off just paying someone to do this. Im not a major mechanic, but can accomplish small mods here and there.. what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
David
Old 09-28-2005, 08:45 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Save your money, dont pay someone to do it for you. Its not that hard to do, and with www.ls1howto.com instructions its even easier. Just take you time and be careful with all the sensors.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

k thanks, didnt think it would be too hard, but wanted to get some opinions before I start taken things apart and then get to the "oh ****" part of the process..
Old 09-28-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

dont break your oil pressure sending unit, i broke mine taking it off AND putting it on

and plan on it taking a while to do it. you also need the coolant lines and block offs... also be careful when you take your intake off. inbetween the intake and heads there was a ton of dirt on mine... i had to vaccum it off
Old 09-28-2005, 11:29 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

yeah theres some "oh ****" threads around here on the install. Probley a good idea to do a little search for some of the problems that people have run across. You mostley got to watch out for some sensor in the back. I am not real sure though, I was not lucky enough to break it during the install. .
Old 09-29-2005, 02:18 AM
TECH Addict

It's very doable. You don't have to disconnect the fuel line, just fold the fuel rails over toward the passenger side. Put the intake's back bolts in the intake's back holes before you reinstall it. To reinstall the brake booster hose, put some vaseline in it to make it easier to slide it back on. Don't forget to check and see if your throttle butterfly is opening up enough after installing the new intake (the mounting holes won't be in the exact same position as your stock intake, they seem to vary a small amount form intake to intake). Be careful routing the KS wire so you don't crush it reinstalling the new intake.