Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with LT's, cats, and magnaflow drop the cats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone with LT's, cats, and magnaflow drop the cats?

Thats my current setup, and its almost too quiet down low. I like the raspy sound up top around 4k+ with WOT.

Started thinking about switching to an offroad y, anyone make this change, what did you think? Any recommendations on how the difference would be?

I have listened to ls1sounds a lot and do like the offroad magnaflow clips.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:49 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Its a wonderful sound. I have the Magnaflow, ORY and LT's... I absolutley love it! Magnaflow and an ORY go together really well.

Go to www.LS1Sounds.com as well to listen to the setup.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Cool

yea I like all the sound clips on ls1sounds of offroad with magnaflow, which is a big reason why im starting to consider it...

When I did the headers I was concerned with it being too loud down low, which is why I went with the catted Y. But now I find myself wishing it was a little louder in the low normal driving range...
Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by Cuban Missile
yea I like all the sound clips on ls1sounds of offroad with magnaflow, which is a big reason why im starting to consider it...

When I did the headers I was concerned with it being too loud down low, which is why I went with the catted Y. But now I find myself wishing it was a little louder in the low normal driving range...
Hahaha I didnt read that last part of your post about ls1sounds.

Yeah its not that loud at all just cruising aroung, with the windows up and the music on I cant even hear the exhaust. Its nothing thats going to drive you nuts...well in the upper RPM's its gets loud
Old 09-28-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have LTH, ORY, and a Borla with no plates. It is raspy without a doubt. And yes I know you said Magnaflow.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JAMES RODRIGUEZ
I have LTH, ORY, and a Borla with no plates. It is raspy without a doubt. And yes I know you said Magnaflow.
you think the magnaflow is pretty similar to the setup you have?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ran LTs, ORPs Magnaflow and CME. It sounded mean, but a little too loud for me while just running around town and such. I'm going to do it al over again with the new car, but leave the SLP muffler in. It'll be quiet, but stealthy with the heads and cam.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

i also have the lt's, ory, no cats, with a magnaflow! all i got to say is. what are you waiting for? it sounds kick ***!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuban Missile
you think the magnaflow is pretty similar to the setup you have?
I do not know. I have never heard a Magnaflow.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Teching In

I have JetHot LT's, JetHot 3" ORY (no cats) and a magnaflow CB with single 3.5" slash tips and it looks/sounds great. Low rumble when cranked/at idle - makes a nice low growl when easily shifting up and howls when you punch it - I have heard none better for what I want. When pushing on the throttle hard and you let off, the LT's make this really mean, low rumble that is very sweet - I have scared a few joggers/bike riders as I passed them by The cats reduce noise at all levels, but esp at idle and in lower rpms - besides, the off rd Y pipe looks badass! I say ditch the cats......unless you have to pass a sniffer for emissions.
Thanks - stevet
Old 09-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tx02ssm
I have JetHot LT's, JetHot 3" ORY (no cats) and a magnaflow CB with single 3.5" slash tips and it looks/sounds great. Low rumble when cranked/at idle - makes a nice low growl when easily shifting up and howls when you punch it - I have heard none better for what I want. When pushing on the throttle hard and you let off, the LT's make this really mean, low rumble that is very sweet - I have scared a few joggers/bike riders as I passed them by The cats reduce noise at all levels, but esp at idle and in lower rpms - besides, the off rd Y pipe looks badass! I say ditch the cats......unless you have to pass a sniffer for emissions.
Thanks - stevet
no i dont have to pass emissions, hmm it is getting tempting.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

on my 98 SS i had LT's and magnaflow w/ no cats when i had the car i thought it was to quite and after i traded for my 99 my friend put the same setup on his 00 Z and after hearing it go past i realized it's pretty loud.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have SLP headers NO cats and the Magnaflow and the car sounds MEAN and nice during the cruise and at WOT it will wake the dead
Old 09-30-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im running ceramic coated Pacesetter LT's,2.5" mandrel all the way around,no cats,and a single stainless Magnaflow dual in/dual out(22" 5X11-built in x-pipe) and it sounds great and it isnt quit! Thats the biggest of that muffler so I couldnt imagine running the 4x9 it wold be loud. Oh yeah Im running turndowns. Some people have actually run a H-pipe with that setup but I havent seen a need for one!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

I really enjoy my setup of LT, ORY, and Magnaflow. Just like everyone says, moderately quiet down low, but screams up top.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gut those cats! You wont regret it, I havent with my set-up. With gutted cats my system sounds absolutely evil, and thats with mac midlengths and slp lm, which is "supposedly" awful sounding without cats according to many members on the board. Cant wait to hear what my car sounds like once i get my Fm13 installed! Sound be all out mayhem.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

ditch the cats. it sounds so much better with a ory.