Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Intake...PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Intake...PLEASE HELP!!

I took off the intake to put on the LS6, and when I pulled it off, I noticed that the intake ports were coated with like a black oil residue.

I'm wondering if this is a problem, shouldn't they be clean without any black oil residue on them? The opening of the intake had some brown oily stuff as well.

oh yea, I broke the oil pressure sending unit as well...
Old 10-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

breaking the oil sending unit is normal if its one of your first times, the oil in the intake and around is oil consumption, its because the stock ls1 pcv system sucks and sucks oil in from the valve covers. To correct this you need to upgrade the pcv system and to do this you need to remove the intake, now is the obvious perfect time. here is a write up on how to do it i did this during my swap and have had no more oil problems and it cleans things up a lot as well.
http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=18
Old 10-02-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Regular

thanks for the help man...I know about the whole PCV conversion and everything, but I didnt really want to start dremeling on the block etc.

Will all these oil consumption affect performance? I have to go get another unit, and the socket, and Yea... this was my first time.

Thanks man