Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Length of Chambered muff.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Length of Chambered muff.

So ive decided that i'm too poor to do a good true dual setup so i'm gonna have to fall back to my next best route which is a Classic Chambered "Powerstick muffler in the I of my Rumbler.

My car will soon have the Torquer 2 cam, LTs and ORY so i'm looking for a muffler that will keep it quiet enough for street driving. Im no sissy about noise but i do drive the car maybe four or five times a week. Of course, I dont want drone; I want to be able to hold a conversation while cruising but still make peoples ears bleed at WOT

What length muffler should I stick in the I ? Will putting too big of a muff. hurt performance too badly? What about the tone?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Kid
Will putting too big of a muff. hurt performance too badly?

too big of a muff will definately hurt performance. it may not fit in there right, too small of muff could also create a problem though, although i have never encountered it, you gotta make sure you get a muff that is just the right size for you

Old 10-06-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What about two 16" powersticks in the very rear sticking out towards the back?! I just measured and theres just enough room to make it work.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Might look like total hell.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why not just use the one that's almost 18", same length as your bullet? Might have to do a little trimming, but should work fine.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats the only thing I was worried about is how the two in the rear might look. I was considering two because that way I wouldnt have to route all of my exhaust through just one of them (power loss).

Although, i doubt the loss would be that big. I talked with the guy who makes powersticks today and he told me that he makes 16, 20, and 24 inch sizes. He also said that the longer the one you choose the more tuned the sound will be and flow wouldnt be hurt too badly.

Based on everything so far, if I had to buy them right now, id go with one 20" in the i-pipe. The only thing I dont like about that setup is the fact that all of my exhaust would then be routed through one ~ 3" muffler.

Im really intersted in hearing about how much power Id be missing out on due to that setup.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShadowLightCSU
Might look like total hell.
you do know that I didnt mean sticking out of the bumper, right?

I meant that they would go right along where the rear of the bumper sides are, while still leaving leaving just enough room to install the tips where they already are.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

If you can get'em in 16", then that ought to work.

Search this Thread