Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers

alright i have been reading, reading, and reading..WHAT type of headers should i get. my buddy keeps saying buy QTP or Kooks. but then i read on here that Pace setters are good. but then i read that Qtp and Kooks are tuned? what the hell is tuned in headers mean? i understand that kooks and QTP will not corrode as fast as pacesetters would. But would i still get the same power gains using a generic brand.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:14 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KOOKS and QTP will not corrode (stainless). Pacesetters can eventually rust through if you live in a rust inducing environment.
Kooks and QTP's Velocity spike collectors outperform all other headers hands down.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

yes you should get about the same they may provide minimal gains over pacesetters, nothing to lose sleep over. but tuned headers that is kinda retarded sounding since you have to get a tune after you install them anyways if you want to gain there full power, but just go with pacesetter coated headers thats what i am going with and my friend on here has and he is satisfied with them. only thing is the Y pipe sucks, so QTP has the Y pipe that would be best for pacesetters since it has the flowmaster merger on it.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

If you have the $$$ QTP/Kooks. Super quality, easy install, no modifying the crossmember and such, won' t rust, look sweet...

The y-pipe can be a pain, but a little patience will fix ya' up nice ;D

QTP baby...
Old 10-13-2005, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

QTP and Kooks are some sweet *** headers but not for the money...just buy pacesetter ceramic coated and be happy half the price and the same amount of performance
Old 10-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Teching In

I've got SLP's, I was told they were probably the best you could buy, have yet to do a dyno run though.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:15 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just got my pacesetters race coated LTs in, there freaking sexy! And they were only 385 shipped from byunspeed.com.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
yes you should get about the same they may provide minimal gains over pacesetters, nothing to lose sleep over. but tuned headers that is kinda retarded sounding since you have to get a tune after you install them anyways if you want to gain there full power, but just go with pacesetter coated headers thats what i am going with and my friend on here has and he is satisfied with them. only thing is the Y pipe sucks, so QTP has the Y pipe that would be best for pacesetters since it has the flowmaster merger on it.
I think you'll find 'tuned' is referring to tuned equal length headers.

Header design is very important and on a highly tuned motor can make a big difference.

However a mildly modified bolt motor will see very little performance difference between them.

If you want to spend to money go for it, but most likely you'd see the exact same gains with the Pacesetters or Hookers.