Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header set up

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header set up

all right here in about two weeks i will be ordering my armor coated pacesetter headers and i am wondering should i just go ahead and order new header bolts with it, it comes with gaskets and o2 extensions. and i think i am gonna get a custom Y pipe made instead of using the pacesetter Y pipe, has anyone else done this???
Old 10-14-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They come with new bolts. Call and make sure you get the plug in O2's unless you want to splice and wire it yourself. Don't use the crap gaskets they give you. Your old ones should work just fine. I would also use your old header bolts, thats just my 2cents.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

thats what i was thinking, but just incase the old bolts are reallly crappy i will use the new ones, and im pretty sure its the plug in extensions. i heard pacesetters go in like butter and perform just as well as the other higher priced ones, but dont survive rusting like QTP and stainless works.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

They come with the crappy extensions. I got 18" plug ins and they worked great. Header install is pretty simple
Old 10-14-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a very simple install...toss out the gaskets they give you and get some new ones from the dealership. I used new header bolts too just for added security.

Yes please have a custom y-pipe made, mine fits like absolute dogshit and rubs the hell out of my subframe connector and bangs the bottom of my car. Also leaks like crazy, I give up!! I had to do some rigging to get it to quiet down...what a pain. In hindsight I wish I'd have just let someone make one for me.