Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Header/EGR/AIR Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Header/EGR/AIR Help

I just recieved some ASM's that I bought in the classidifeds. They are in good shape, but they do not have provisions for EGR or AIR, I have both on my 2001 CA Silverado. I'm planning on taking my cats off so i think I'll just go all the way and remove EGR and AIR too and deal with that stuff later.

My logic is that it will be a big hassel to modify the headers to accept egr and air....and they well still be illegal. Taking the EGR off seems simple enough, and I bought a 1 3/8 freeze plug to...well.... plug the hole.

Thing thing I need help with is taking the AIR injection off. It looks a little more complicated. There are pipes from both manifolds going to a pump looking thing on the passenger side firewall. Anyone have experience with this? Can I just take all that stuff off and unplug it......I'm getting a retune once I get the headers on.

Thanks for your help guys
Old 10-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned

Yes, you can remove all of it and retune the systems out of the PCM. There is lots of threads posted on this topic already.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:40 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by joblo1978
Yes, you can remove all of it and retune the systems out of the PCM. There is lots of threads posted on this topic already.
yup
Old 10-14-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys, couldn't get any replys in the truck section so I thought I'd try here. I didn't even know the cars had the air too, next time I'll remember to search