Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drivers side header

Old 10-16-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default drivers side header

I'm installing a set pacesetter headers that I've had sitting in a box for two years . I already slid the passenger side in, but I'm having a hard time with the drivers side. These are the old version of pacesetters so its getting stuck on that tab on the engine block, my question is has anybody been able to drop them from the top? It looks like if I took off the coil pack rail and maybe the valve cover it may drop in, anybody done it?
Old 10-16-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. I had a similar problem with mine but I wiggled it alittle bit and it fell into place. Make sure the car is very high off the ground.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
I'm installing a set pacesetter headers that I've had sitting in a box for two years . I already slid the passenger side in, but I'm having a hard time with the drivers side. These are the old version of pacesetters so its getting stuck on that tab on the engine block, my question is has anybody been able to drop them from the top? It looks like if I took off the coil pack rail and maybe the valve cover it may drop in, anybody done it?
You might have to raise the motor, it not that hard, car high as possible too
Old 10-16-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks guys yea I think I might have to raise the motor. The car is already 2 1/2`ft of the ground. My buddy says we might be able to jack the motor up just a little without having to loosen the motormount, is this possible or do I have to loosen the motormount?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

you can try that, But I think you only have to loosen the mounts on the drivers side, it'll only take 10 extra mins instead of trying to force them in, They should install from the bottom
I also remembering having to remove a exhuast shield on the PS .
Although ever install is different
Old 10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Veteran

How do you loosen the mount? Is it the long bolt ?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

some people grind the tab off. Dpes yours get caught kinda between the engine and the firewall?? because mine did, but with a little tap on the firewall and enough force you can push the headers up in there. it actually seemed pretty obvious that that was the only way to go when i was doing it so your situation may be different.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by spy2520
some people grind the tab off. Dpes yours get caught kinda between the engine and the firewall?? because mine did, but with a little tap on the firewall and enough force you can push the headers up in there. it actually seemed pretty obvious that that was the only way to go when i was doing it so your situation may be different.
Thats exactly were its getting caught between the tab on the block and the firewall. I almost took a hammer to the firewall
Old 10-16-2005, 11:13 PM
12 Second Club

yeah i just pushed the firewall in a little, really you could just push the header up with a decent amount of force and it will go up, since the firewall will give a little.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by spy2520
yeah i just pushed the firewall in a little, really you could just push the header up with a decent amount of force and it will go up, since the firewall will give a little.
Thanks alot man!! Finally got it in, gotta love what a hammer can do .
Old 10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

All done!!! Before connecting the y pipe I had to fire her up open headers.... . Gotta thank this board for all the info.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every fbody owner should experience the sound of their car running open LTs at least once! Congrats on the install!

Search this Thread