Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!!!!!! Header Leak

Old 10-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!!!!!!! Header Leak

Over the weekend I installed LT's and a new performance Y-pipe. When I was removing the factory headers I noticed that the last bolt on the passenger side was missing, so I thought at least! Upon installing the new headers I noticed that the last bolt on the passenger side would not go in. So, as you can guess, the head of the original bolt apparently broke off or the previous owner or machanic snapped the head off of the bolt. Either case, I now have discovered that the SES code that I have been getting (P0420) is not due to a Cat or O2 sensor. Instead it is vacuum air leak on the last tube of the header because I can't get it seal. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do about this broken bolt in the passenger side head near cylinder 8?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if you cant get to it, you may have to pull the head off then drill the broken piece out
Old 10-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Then I would potentially have to re-thread the head, right? That I have never done before.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes, but you might be able to use something like an easy out and get it out without hurting the threads.
i would atleast try an easy out while the head is still on there (provided you can get to it) you could get lucky and it comes out then you dont have to remove the head
Old 10-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Would I get an "easy out" at Autozone? Or where?

Search this Thread