Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jet hot long tubes with y pipe and cats

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default jet hot long tubes with y pipe and cats

i just was wondering how hard or how long it would take to install a set of jet hot long tube headers and y pipe with cats on a 2000 camaro ss? is there any special tools i would need to do the job? would a floor jack that goes up about 20" be high enough to do the job? any suggestions opinions? also how much horsepower would they produce on a mostly bolt on car? thanks jeremy
Old 10-20-2005, 02:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Headers are headers
The Jet hots are a lot like the Hookers I put in. Get the car up high.... AND SAFE......and make sure u remove the steering shaft, oil diverter, and dip stick. Also, change your plugs, you'll understand later. Other than that its pretty straight foward. The Y pipe, cant help ya, had from the headers back custom made. THe first time will take time. As for me I learned tons, so next time, it should zip right along.

Tool wise, buy or borrow ramps. Ramps were not high enough for me, so I had to go about 6 inches higher and put jackstands under just to get the headers up into place. Also a torque wrench is key. Also deep well sockets, esp a 15 mm.

Other that that, the cuts and scrapes will heal.