Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried this Wideband Gauge??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone tried this Wideband Gauge??

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=151

Looks like a pretty neat product. Turns your current A/F gauge into a wideband gauge. Just looking for some feedback.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Looks pretty cool. But, IMO I would rather have a digital or analog gauge so I have a better idea what my A/F acutally is as opposed to a general idea like the gauge has. For your average bolt on or cam only guy that's not constantly tweaking/tuning or someone not spraying I think that could actually be a cheaper alternative to keep an eye on things.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

I think you're missing the point. This does exactly what you are saying. It turns you're current narrow band gauge into a wide band with a digital readout in the middle of the gauge.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

It looks like the digital readout is something they added for effect on the page. Reason I say that is because at the bottom it lists compatible gauges, and I didn't see anything in regards to sending a gauge in to be modified for the readout.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Demon_Speeding
It looks like the digital readout is something they added for effect on the page. Reason I say that is because at the bottom it lists compatible gauges, and I didn't see anything in regards to sending a gauge in to be modified for the readout.
Yea, you could be right. I might give them a call or an email to find out the deal.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 10-21-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Difference between wide band & narrow band is that narrow band reads from 0 to 1 volt. A wide band reads from 0 to 5 volts. Therefore, if this gauge replaces the current gauge & comes with an O2 sensor that connects to this gauge & wires to go to the stock ECU, then it is probably the real thing. The wires to this gauge from the new O2 sensor would read from 0 to 5 volts & the wires to the ecu would read from 0 to 1 volt. From the picture, it looked like this was a possablility. If not, then it is as stated above, simply a vague digital value related to where the lights on the bar are illuminated (still in relation to a 0 to 1 volt output).