Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid SES light

Old 10-21-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid SES light

well it came on for the first time today, 91000 miles on her and first SES light. well turns out it was P1412 or something like that it was emissions sensor screwing up since i have a cutout on it wasnt reading right. but all that is goin to be deleted once i get my headers in at the end of the month, has anyone else had this code come up once i got it scanned the SES light turned off.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it disappeared and does not come back, you should be fine. You think about changing to new 02 sensors while you're at the header install too?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disconect your battery for about 10-15 minutes, if you wanna make sure and have the time 30-60 minutes. This will reset your pcm (would not delete a tune, if you had one, which you don't) If the code goes away and stays away for a little while then it's usually something insignificant such as for me, a heater circuit for the 02's due to having long tubes. It will most likely come back on later, but if it really bothers you, you can try and reset the pcm and see how that works.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh its nothing big just emissions thing on the car is reading exhaust flow wrong since i have the cutout on, but headers and offroad Y are goin on at the end of this month, plus getting a tune right after so i am basically waiting for that. plus i get to remove all that EGR and AIR pump that thing pisses me off when i start up with the stupid wooo sound of it. gonna be glad to get rid of that **** and also gain some HP when I install the headers and get a tune. plan on doing a cam also soon so that will be a big HP gain aswell.

Search this Thread