Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front o2

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front o2

Okay, my kooks are going in on Monday and I need the definitive answer on this, bosch corvette rears, stock fronts with extensions? If vette sensors, will the bosch#13111 last? I am getting a tune on Tuesday, will the tune be able to tell me if the bosch are not working well? My plan was to get bosch vette for front and I have a new pair of ac-delcos for my rear. And last, if you delete the rear o2's will you still pass emissions? I'm in Massachusetts and we have both tests.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:42 AM
Staging Lane

anybody?? somebody??
Old 10-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

ttt.....
Old 10-22-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vette rear O2s are more robust than stock O2s with extensions. They seem to be able to adapt to LTs a little better. If you have extensions now, and haven't bought the vette rears yet, I would just install the extensions and tune from there. If your O2s were working fine before and you have extensions, there's no need to get the 13111s yet. Does your catted y come with front and rear O2 bungs? You will need to extend the wiring for the rear O2s as well if you are installing them. You can have the rear O2s deleted through tuning.
As for passing emission testing, you may want to pose this question in the regional forums (or talk to a testing location near you). The requirements differ from state to state (sometimes within a state). If you delete the rear O2s it will show as an incomplete test on an OBD II scanner for the catalyst system. I believe the strictest emissions tests (California for example) allow for one incomplete for 2001 and newer cars, so you should be ok. Check locally to be sure.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

I wasn't aware that you had to get extensions for the rear as well for the kooks y?
Old 10-22-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not have the Kooks Y, nor do I have rear O2s with my LTs so I'm not sure how much farther back the rear O2 would be. I would think that if you need extensions for the front, the rears would need them too. Looking at pictures of the Kooks Y, it looks like the rears sit much farther back than stock. Try calling Kooks directly or post on their message boards for a definitive answer.