Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowered car need more clearance

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowered car need more clearance

i put my suspension parts on my car today which included springs which lowered my car more than i thought. i have 2 large speed bumps were i live.the stock y pipe scrapes slightly going over them. is there a y pipe i can buy that has more clearance than the stocker. the drivers side sit really low which i guess is my they flatened it from the factory. has anybody had a exhaust shop make them a y pipe that tucks up closer to the car . thanks
Old 10-23-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Veteran

The stocker is about as close as your going to get.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea ... your just going to need to throw some different springs in there... Thats pretty bad that your Stock Y won't clear something. I'm lowered 1.5-1.75" and my 3" duals very rarely scrape. How much did the springs drop the car? More than 2"?
Old 10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=FstBlkz28]Yea ... your just going to need to throw some different springs in there... Thats pretty bad that your Stock Y won't clear something. I'm lowered 1.5-1.75" and my 3" duals very rarely scrape. How much did the springs drop the car? its lowered about 1.75 inches, the speed bumps are pretty big.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Banned

Should have went with a coil-over setup because now you're stuck. Muffler shop might be able to do something for you.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by schiccc
i put my suspension parts on my car today which included springs which lowered my car more than i thought. i have 2 large speed bumps were i live.the stock y pipe scrapes slightly going over them. is there a y pipe i can buy that has more clearance than the stocker. the drivers side sit really low which i guess is my they flatened it from the factory. has anybody had a exhaust shop make them a y pipe that tucks up closer to the car . thanks
Call LG Motorsports, ask them to send you some blue polyurethane spacers, they are perfect for what you need. Get 4 of them. I think I paid $20 a few weeeks ago. 4 of them will lift you close to 1/2". If that too much try using one spacer on each side. Rear springs is what I'm talking about too.