Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with new intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with new intake manifold

I recently replaced my 00 T/A WS6 intake manifold. Now when I start the car it goes to 2500 hangs out for a second or so then comes back down to 500 and runs really ruff. I also have a SES light. now when I got the codes read I got one for the EGR valve (I figure i broke the tube for the EGR valve and I think that this explains why its running so ruff) and also have a system lean code but what I don't get is why I have a multiple misfire code, the fuel injectors are all connected properly and i never had any of these problems before i installed the new manifold. any help would be apprecated
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you broke the EGR tube you have a HUGE vacuum leak. This will explain the the change in RPM's and why your car is running lean. Fix the tube and you should be fine. Misfire could be related to it running too lean to fire.

-William
Old 10-25-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

pull your intake back off, you could have possibly screwed up the wires from the knock sensors or one of the gaskets could be put on odd and leaking
Old 10-25-2005, 03:32 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

!EGR and !AIR...And re-seat your intake.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:05 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

If you replaced with an LS1 (not LS6) manifold, before I yanked everything back off I would check/replace the Oring where the EGR pipe goes into the intake. Many, many folks have had trouble with that little sucker. The pipe gets cocked at an angle when pulled out and the Oring doesn't seat, therefore a vacuum leak.
Let us know what you find.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Well guys I cut off the braiding from the tube from the throttle body to the EGR valve and couldn't see any cracks, or holes so I think I just wasted the 125 dollars for it. I also built a little cardboard room around the manifold and did a smoke test and didn't see any getting sucked in anywhere. I had also reseated the manifold already and made sure the senors and lines in the back were connected and with clearance. I did find that the tube from the exhaust to the EGR was loose at the EGR. I never had to mess with this during the swap so I wouldn't think that is the problem (seeing how I had no problems before the swap with the LS6 style) so I think (as much as I hate doing this) Im going to take it to someone and I'll let you guys know what was up. I'm sure I'm just forgeting to push the idiot button but this is my daily driver and I'm paying too much money for a shitty rental when I have this beauty sitting in the drive way waiting for more love. so thanks for the help
Old 10-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Banned

Could he just need a tune maybe?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:43 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Werd to the shitty rental story! been there. a damn ION does not compare to 430rwhp LS1 in anyway form or fashion.