Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question spark plugs

how are you guys keeping your plug wires from backing off the plugs? i have msd wires and ngk plugs and it seems like every 3 weeks or so i have to deal with a wire backing off the plug and then limping the car home in the slow lane while the ses light blinks and then waiting for it to cool down so i can push them back on.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

My first thought would be they just aren't on good enough... because there have been times I could have sworn they were on all the way but when forced they finally poped on. Dumb question I know, but now that we got that out of the way maybe someone else has the same problem and can help you out.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stangkiller
how are you guys keeping your plug wires from backing off the plugs? i have msd wires and ngk plugs and it seems like every 3 weeks or so i have to deal with a wire backing off the plug and then limping the car home in the slow lane while the ses light blinks and then waiting for it to cool down so i can push them back on.
I just finished putting the 8.5 MSDs on my car (new plugs were already in, wires were on backorder). I really had to give them a good push to get them on the plugs. I listened for a single click on the plug end and a double click on the coil pack end. Do you feel the wires lock onto the plug?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HAWK915
I just finished putting the 8.5 MSDs on my car (new plugs were already in, wires were on backorder). I really had to give them a good push to get them on the plugs. I listened for a single click on the plug end and a double click on the coil pack end. Do you feel the wires lock onto the plug?

yeah i have made sure they lock onto the plugs and the coil. got the single click on the plug on all of them and a double on the coil. i don't know what the deal is, but it really pisses me off.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

I had a similar problem, but they just never felt like they were on. I can tell you that after I switched back the OEM plugs, they clicked a lot better. I had found, on a buddies car, he used the NGK iridium style plugs, and they clicked just like the Delco plugs. I think it is just because the TR55s have those silly end caps that you can unscrew.