Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I installed water pump, but broke the thermostat housing...doh!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I installed water pump, but broke the thermostat housing...doh!

Hopfully tomorrow I find a place that carries the thermostat housing. I tried to take off the thermostat and had no clue. And even though I researched this website and others days prior-didn't find much-, I totally forgot to ask for help -today- and used a hammer to try and take out the thermostat and broke one of the holders that holds the thermosat.

Other then that, eveything else wasn't that bad. I didn't use a torque wrentch on the water pump so Im a little worried, but I tightened up the bolts snug and tried not to overly tightn them.

I got a bosch water pump. I called the dealer and they wanted 258 for a gm water pump, I payed half with a discount for the bosch pump.

Funny thing when I went to the auto-parts store I got my part, I expected to pay at the parts locater desk and I got a printed paper that I was supposed to take to the front desk.

Well I actully walked out the front door and got in my car and drove away. Only realizing 5 minutes later I had walk out the auto parts store with out even paying for the water pump. So what do I do........I returned to the store.

Girl that handed me the water pump was glad to see me return as she had already given me a great discount. And then the girl at the pay casher, said, I returned the pump cause it would come back to haunt me. I said no, I must have been paying attention when my parents were teaching me right from wrong -sure.

Honestly, If I was in a real hurt no doubt I would have not returned to the store, but I returned to pay....plus they have a good selection of auto parts at good prices -now I have one more return to make, to the dentist office and pay my debt.