Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed pacesetter LT's and ORY this weekend

Old 10-31-2005, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed pacesetter LT's and ORY this weekend

That was a pain in the *** but I managed to get it done, I'm surprised at how loud my car is now. I've got the factory catback with the muffler and it's still way to loud and raspy. I guess it would be smart to put some high flow cats on the car to quiten it down a little. Also has anyone had problems with the y-pipe vibrating and making all kind of racket under the car? This is annoying as hell, I've removed the passenger side heat shield to do some clearance cutting but it acts like it's hitting the rear crossmember. I can get under the car and shake the y-pipe but it doesn't move. The car responded well to the headers though, it will NOT get traction from a 30mph roll anymore. I can set the tires up in smoke with little effort.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Staging Lane

damn i was thinking about gettin some pacesetters too.
how much did you get them for in ebay they have for 562 with ypipe. glad you having fun though
Old 10-31-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got mine from summit, it was 568.00 with the ORY pipe shipped to my door. Not bad at all, I'm happy with them
Old 10-31-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98-LS1
That was a pain in the *** but I managed to get it done, I'm surprised at how loud my car is now. I've got the factory catback with the muffler and it's still way to loud and raspy. I guess it would be smart to put some high flow cats on the car to quiten it down a little. Also has anyone had problems with the y-pipe vibrating and making all kind of racket under the car? This is annoying as hell, I've removed the passenger side heat shield to do some clearance cutting but it acts like it's hitting the rear crossmember. I can get under the car and shake the y-pipe but it doesn't move. The car responded well to the headers though, it will NOT get traction from a 30mph roll anymore. I can set the tires up in smoke with little effort.
95% of us have or had the y pipe banging the floor. its a common thing when the motor torques. check underneath your car to see where it is banging, most likely it won't be the crossmember but right underneath your ***. you will see an indent where its been hitting. there are many things you can do to correct this. the cheapest is to stuff a piece of heater hose inbetween the pipe and the floor. or you can get something fabbed up by an exhaust shop. or get the mufflex bumpstop hanger from thunderracing.com they are a sponsor. i have one and haven't put it on yet . get it taken care of though cause the noise could trigger the knock sensor and retard your timing and rob you of hp.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks
Old 10-31-2005, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i just installed mine this weekend too. i got mine from BYUNSPEED. they are a sponsor and great to deal with. i got mine for coated with the Ory for$525 shipped.i am going to have to get the mufflex y pipe hanger though. i had it with my macs y pipe and it never banged.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

do you have to weld the bumpstop in or will it bolt onto something under the car??? also you only need one right?
Old 10-31-2005, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

it bolts in using and exsisting bolt. you only need one.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

awsome thanks b/c i just ordered the race ready style pacesetters and TSP offroad y so i think i will need that hanger since i do have a cutout also, and the Y pipe right now is a rattlign mother in the car. anyone ever just ditch the plastic things on the automatic shifter console and use a boot, if so where or how did u fab it up?
Old 10-31-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guess I'll make myself a mount to solve that annoying vibration, I custom made the O2 wiring harness and it works great so I've been lucky saving money so far..
Old 10-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98-LS1
I've got the factory catback with the muffler and it's still way to loud and raspy. I guess it would be smart to put some high flow cats on the car to quiten it down a little.
The other thing you could do (if you didn't want to pay for cats) is have a resonator welded into your I-pipe. I am also running an ORY but I was running it with a flowmaster. My impression of the way the car first sounded was disappointing too b/c I didn't like the rasp. The resonator takes care of this and gives u a nice deep mellow tone. I think my local exhaust shop did this for about $90, including the resonator.

Search this Thread