Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Critique my duals job? TSP DUALS w/ PICS

Old 11-01-2005, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Critique my duals job? TSP DUALS w/ PICS

Not exactly parallel with drive shaft TA etc..

From the rear, this is my biggest beef

2nd Rear Shot

TA Clearance

Drivers side #1

Drivers side #2

I can't decide if I want to live with this or not.
It still seems kindof cockeyed to me, but I don't know how much better I am going to get it without some PITA modifications to the hangers.

I've already drilled the holes and don't really want to drill more.

What would youz think, would you keep it or re-adjust.
I've been off the road since the headers went on and I really wanna drive.

BAAAAH, sorry just itchin and winters coming soon.

Thanks for any opinions,
DJ
Old 11-01-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

the pipes from tsp are all welded funny....just look at the 4th picture down....if i was you id just drive it...good mod~
Old 11-01-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

unless some people on here, i like my **** to be done right the first time and not have to redo it. I say get it done right and then have fun.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

I made my entire dual exhaust system, over the axle and all with h-pipe, myself. It doesn't look as good as yours from TSP.

The car ran badass with it on there, and nobody ever crawled under the car.

From the driver's seat your system will look GREAT.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the custom jack stands..Those kick ***..

Seriously though, they look fine and like posted above, never had anyone crawl under my car with a ruler. You have plenty of clearence and they look great, i wouldnt sweat it being off just a little.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

might wanna point the turndowns slightly towards each other
Old 11-02-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Not bad.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

as long as they serve the purpose, keep them the way it is.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

dude... leave it on the for right now.. as many times as I have gotten my exhaust.... just right... then took if off to put in a new stall or something..

Then having to dick with it to get it just right again... enjoy it and put it back right the next time.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just from my experience with tsp products, you might want to have everything welded up and some flanges welded to the headers, im runnin race pacesetter lt with a off road tsp ory, going to a single spiral flow muffler,and the y pipe keeps slipping off the header collectors, no matter how tight the clamps are, ive got flanges on the way to weld on. on the othre hand it looks good, one bank will sit lower than the other because of the yq arm, so to make it even you have to lower one side, laterz chris m.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the replies yall

[boondiggys]Thanks. Now I think, don't quote me onthis, but I think, it is welded at an angle to give the TA some room while kindof angling it upwards so the bullets get some clearance around the DS Tunnel aswell. Good welds all around, really solid unit.
I've got waaay more pics im thinkin of posting when its all said and done, commenting on the TSP product and the install and such.
[BrianC98Z28 & gogogadget] rock on, im getting to that point too, just put it up and get on the road
[ApacheDrill] Ahh yes, the cinder block stands. At $1.29 a piece how can you go wrong, solid, keeps the car up while keeping it loaded for exhaust manip, and you can leave it there for a week without worrying.good stuff for the price.
(p.s. if your Username and sig mean what I think they mean, rock on and god bless the Armed forces I'm not but I appreciate those that are oh and Apaches..... sweet')
Originally Posted by TAQuickness
might wanna point the turndowns slightly towards each other
See, I don't know about that, some things on here I read say outwards at 45 deg, and others say its not a big deal, i've also read another place (besides from you) turn them towards each other. Either way I will have to adjust the hangers. If I could get a difinitive on the repurcussions of each I'd do it, but for now, i would LIKE to get them 45 deg outwards.
Originally Posted by Lane
Not bad.
Whoa, lane said not bad, Awesoem maybe im doin something right. thx yo.

[MattIROC & rgriffin & LS1CMR] Rock, as it stands all the clamps are loose so, If I can get a quick weld fix for the hangers im going to give that a shot, if its not quick easy and cheap to get that done, what you see above is what its gonna stay like.

Thanks yall for the replies.

DJ

Last edited by DirtyJohn; 11-02-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Doesn't look like your fuel lines are flipped, I'd do that.
Also doesn't look like you clearanced any under the car. I'd beat in the bottom of your backseat bottoms a bit to tuck the mufflers up higher (it looks like you still have a little room to go before you have to worry about torque arm clearance).
Past that, get some black grill paint and give the exhaust a spray (its just flat black high temp paint). With the exhaust painted black it'll be more inconspicuous and you wont notice the tips being slightly off.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Lane, tell us how you really feel...You can PM if youd like..ive got to go through a TSP dual install this weekend that im not looking forward too because i know they dont tuck or fit like what we built in the past....I charge extra for anything that says TSp onit..lol
Old 11-02-2005, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Doesn't look like your fuel lines are flipped, I'd do that.
Also doesn't look like you clearanced any under the car.
Ahhhh but they are.. You just can't see it very well from that angle, if you look though, you should be able to tell that the bolt for the line clip is below the lines.
(I actually posted on that and I think YOU replied and helped me out on that, thx )

I'd beat in the bottom of your backseat bottoms a bit to tuck the mufflers up higher (it looks like you still have a little room to go before you have to worry about torque arm clearance).
TA clearance is an issue in 2 places, right on the X is about a finger width, which is what I've read as the advised, and on the drivers pipe after the X it is prob 1/4 inch at most. I'm prob not going to do any denting of the underbody, I didn't have a good experience drilling those holes for the hangers and I'd like to minimize any "permanant" changes to the car I can.

Past that, get some black grill paint and give the exhaust a spray (its just flat black high temp paint). With the exhaust painted black it'll be more inconspicuous and you wont notice the tips being slightly off.
Darrrrrr... then I'd have to buy the paint, take it all off, paint, wait for it to dry, and put it all back on.. That's so much hassle, and more downtime .
Besides, if this setup is too loud, I may switch mufflers and have a shop run the pipes out the back.

Thanks for the coments.

DJ
Old 11-02-2005, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Lane, tell us how you really feel...You can PM if youd like..ive got to go through a TSP dual install this weekend that im not looking forward too because i know they dont tuck or fit like what we built in the past....I charge extra for anything that says TSp onit..lol
Not sure if this is a joke or not, but you can't [I can't anyway] really get a feel for the clearance as its not on the ground yet AND the rear blocks are lower than the front ones so the car is actually angling upward from back to front.
Is that skewing the perception of clearance, maybe, but ill know for sure when I get this on the ground and take it for a ride.
I'm mostly worried about banging b/c its too close than scraping b/c its too low.
I don't plan on lowering anytime soon, and if I do, I'd prob like to get some different and bigger wheels too.

But then again, this is my first time doing anyting like this so take that into account.

DJ
Old 11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Next time you put it on blocks, do yourself a favor and flip them with the holes facing up. They build foundations that way for a reason...
Old 11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Hey man, thats looks great. Ive seen some speedshop jobs that arent even that good...i live in florida....
Old 11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Again no one will be crawling around on the ground with a tape measure. They look great!
Old 11-02-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

I like the set up....I have EXACTLY the same thing only my bullets are like 36 inches long and HUGE....LMAO I can email you a pic....I only drag my mufflers in areas that have a deep tired groove in the pavement....Also drag over speed bumps.....from time to time....and once in a while if I hit a decent dip in the road......I know it sounds like alot, but it isnt.....
I have my tips turned in, I read somewhere on here to turn them in to kill the drone......I dont have any drone at all.....
As for it being loud.....yeah it's going to be noisy...especially over 3k....so while in town I just short shift it, and the local police dont mind. Hell I was even excellerating next to one, and he didnt look over at me once....
But when you go WOT it's a sound that I love!! Stick with this set up.....you will enjoy it!!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Heh heh, it turned out I didn't listen and went to fix it.
Some help from a neighbor with some bending and got it just how I wanted. (Thx Jim)
I think it turned out pretty good.

Thank you, and good night (drink diet pepsi!)
DJ

Search this Thread