Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker vs Kooks

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooker vs Kooks

Hey guys I'm wondering if theres any power to be seen by switching from my current hookers that are thermal coated with a ORY to a kooks race style with ORY setup. I was also thinking of going to a stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 or a 1 7/8 primary tube length with my new setup in my sig. Any and all help is appreciated Thanks
Old 11-06-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It really depends on your heads flow numbers and cam to tell if there would be good enough gains with the swap. More then likely you wouldnt see much unless you go to a bigger c.u. engine. I'm running the Kooks..... very nice headers!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Banned

The general consensus is that you will gain power but not to much just by swapping brands. If you go stepped or up a size then you will def gain power but i believe how much you gain depends on your supporting mods. Are the super comps stainless? KOOKS seems to be just a much better header. I have some 1 7/8 waitin on a y pipe but i love the quality of the build and i love the fact that they will never rust