Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

converting from loudmouth to true duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default converting from loudmouth to true duals

I currently have the slp loudmouth with stock manifolds on my 2000 TA and wanted to go with a true dual setup that exits from the rear. How much hp gains can I expect by switching? I'm planning on going with the Dr Gas X pipe and haven't decided on the muffler yet. Does anyone have any sound clips of a true dual setup with stock manifolds. Most of the ones on ls1sound.com have headers. Thanks
Old 11-06-2005, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Not quite sure on the exact hp numbers, since that will be dependant on your choice of mufflers. Dr. gas make a great flowing x-pipe so you should have a powe producing, non-raspy sounding exhaust.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:22 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

With stock manifolds, the switch to true duals will net you exactly zero horsepower, IMO.
But if you want true duals, go for it anyway.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might as well do LTs with those true duals IMO but never heard them with stock manifolds.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some longtubes first.

I went from stock manifolds and loudmouth to LT's with duals and it was a HUGE difference.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Get some longtubes first.

I went from stock manifolds and loudmouth to LT's with duals and it was a HUGE difference.
yes, but was it more to the fact that 'most' if not maybe all of the HP gain came from the headers and mid pipe??

To the original poster.

It's all about flow rate. The stock mid pipe (Y) is pretty poor. So replacing it with an after market Y/X/H will all offer HP gains.

The SLP cat back flows pretty good, so unless you are producing upwards of 400bhp the dual's them self will probably offer little or nothing over the loudmouth.

IMO if you're going to the money and hassel of duals mights as well do the headers too. You will definatley see gains if you do.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

my car is lowered with the g2 super springs. What headers would be best overall? i was thinking the pacesetters?