Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totally Stainless Header Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally Stainless Header Bolts

I have been going all out on my car and not trying to do anything to cut corners. I purchased Kooks headers but to put them back in with the stock bolts would just be a disgrace.

I purchased the "LS1/LS6 Header Kit" from Totally Stainless. The bolts are ARP bolts made from 16-6H stainless with "ARP" stamped in the head and polished to a shine. One thing i would like to say is that i spoke with the engineer there about the material properties (as an engineer myself, its nice to hear real info). These bolts have a tensile strength equivalent to grade 8 steel bolts.

I deal with different engineering companies all day and for a bolt supplier they were top notch!

I wish i had a camera to take a pic, If it were up to me, all my designs would have bolts like this... but alas, the bean counters have the final say.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Excellent info, I am planning on getting Kooks as well, and think I will follow and get these stainless bolts. Do they have a website or?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can order the catalog for the part numbers www.totallystainless.com

But the header bolts i got are Part #5-1540 (6-point), or you can get 5-1541 (12-point) but if it gets tight, you cant use an open end wrench on a 12 point. They both come in a pack of 16.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Default Ss Bolts

Hey, Nice Info. Thanks...
Old 11-09-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, too, have these bolts...I have bought alot of stuff from Totally Stainless...they are great folks to deal with. Here is a link to a picture of a bolt I posted in an old thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=13222
Old 11-09-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see you went with the 12 point.... Looks good!

I'm going to be buying all my bolts from them for this car. The high strength is a definate plus, Now i can do my suspension with them.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought their entire LS1 engine kit...the bolts in the kit are standard strength stainless allen head bolts...the only high strength bolts I received are the header bolts. They do have a nice selection of "a la carte" ARP stainless high strength bolts, though...I bought nice 12pts for my water pump and belt tensioner...

Quick Reply: Totally Stainless Header Bolts