Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter vs jet hot headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pacsetter -vs jet hot headers

Which headers should I get for my 99 auto ta?

Normal coated pacesetter lts

Jet hot coated Pacesetter lts

Jet hot headers

I have been lurking for a while and have read many good things about the pacesetter lt headers, but one of my lt1 buddies said that the pacesetter high temp coating sucks and flakes off easily. I don't really want to pay the extra for kooks.

In the next 6 months or so I will also be installing a ls6 manifold, true duals (probably), cam, torque convertor, and get a tune. I will also be losing the egr system with the ls6 mainifold so I will get race headers with no egr provisions.

My current mods are:
free ram air
GMS Lid
k&n filter
Flowmaster Cat back (came on car)
HPP3 (came with car)
180 thermo
self ported tb

Any other advice for potential mods...I dont' have unlimited funds but will likely spend about $2500 over the next 6 months and would like to stay away from Nitrous until my tranny and rear end are up to it.

Mike

My wallet is to stranger to modifiying my vehicles
some of my most recent wallet lightening vehicles are:
97 v6 s/c 4x4 tacoma (still have)
96 tt supra (gone)
Old 11-10-2005, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are not going with headers like Kooks or QTP's, I would choose the Pacesetters over the other brands. Get coated.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only opinion I have is on the JetHots.

Just put the JHs on by myself. 01 Firebird so no EGR, but I got it with A.I.R. (non-race). No bending or manipulating of the smog equipment to get it to fit.

Fit like a glove, went on easy, looks good, coating didn't flake despite being handled roughly (dropped a few times, slip across the floor of the garage).

Also installed the cat-optional y-pipe, which was an absolute breeze to put on, line up right, and tuck up nicely with no banging. Clears my BMR tunnel brace by at least an inch and met up with my Hooker catback perfectly.

Last edited by Raymond K. Hessell; 11-25-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more thing: I didn't need to notch the K-member or remove the steering equipment to get it to fit.