Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensors

I have a quick question about O2 sensors sorry if this is the wrong forum. I have LT's without cats and had the rear O2's deleted via HP tunners but I am still throwing a code for one of the front O2's.I replaced the bad O2 with a Corvette rear O2 but I am still throwing the same codes(slow sensor responce and bank 1 running lean). Should I have replaced both sensors at the same time; could this be why im still throwing codes? The other sensor isint throwing any codes but it is the factory O2 that has been spliced and extended. thanks for any help
Old 11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not too sure how to help.If you extended the wires your problem could be with that.Or maybe a burnt wire.I know o2 wires are finiky when cutting and splicing.I would ask this ? in the pcm section.Maybe someone will be able to better help.

Has the car been tuned?It could be actually having a lean issue on that side.For instance you could have a couple clogged injectors,leaning out that bank.Just throwing ideas out.

See if you can get someone to log how your car is running.That would be better than guessing.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:12 PM

Check to make sure the wires did not get burnt on the headers.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:53 AM
11 Second Club

That happen to me. The wires got burnt on the Headers.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

or a possible bad connection with the 02 wires, a guy on here said that he spliced his with the little kit pacesetter gave him and it ran crappy but then he soldered the wires together and it ran awsome, his guess was that you have to solder them b/c they need a really good connection to run right and you might want to consider heat wrap to protect them from underhood temps.