Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mac headers hitting steering shaft

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mac headers hitting steering shaft

Well I just bought WS6 and I am happy as hellll with it. I have only driven it 3 times since I bought it.The last time I drove it I was behind a 911 turbo that took off like a bat out of hell and of course I had to stay with him but I had a little traction problem even getting on it at 20-30 mph Maybe some nittos or a sticky tire will help that ? I did notice when I turn the wheel sharp to the drivers side when at a stop light I have a vibration coming thru the steering wheel.It drives a straight line down the road,does not pull and stops great.It looks like the header is hitting the steering shaft joint,what ever you call it ,is this a common problem ? I heard poly urathane engine mounts might help or shaving a little off the shaft joint.My engine does have a pretty good shake to it(lope)

01 ws6,silver,auto with a yank pt4000 stall,B&M trans cooler,DTS 12 bolt ,3:73,DTS support cover,complete BMR chrome moly suspension bolts on's including panhard bar,adjustable torque arm,tubular control arms,driveshaft loop,strut bar,optima red top battery,k&n,slp lid,bg ram air mod,Mac headers,off road y pipe,magnflow catback,MSD wires,NGK plugs,smooth bellows,slp mass air flow,throttle body coolant by pass,160 stat,
2.02 1.575 manly racemaster valves with fully polished and ported heads Trend Fully hardend pushrods, COMP TI retainers, Dual Valve spring's
custom comp 228 236 588 578 114 ,ARP hardware,New Z06 gaskets.Around 400 RWHP and 360 torque on a mustang dyno
Old 11-10-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem. I pry'd the steering shaft enough so where its 1/8 of an inch from the steering shaft. There is a little bit of vibration, but it steers fine. I guess it is a common problem.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe you can move the steering shaft slightly. Under the dash there are three bolts at the base of the steering column that when loosened allow you two slide the shaft over slightly.

Quick Reply: mac headers hitting steering shaft