Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Help Deciding

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I Need Help Deciding

if i were 2 get the td custom made, would it make a difference in performance #'s? and if i were 2 get headers, would hooker be a good brand 2 go with? i want to run the td with hi flow cats. can i have cats on hooker headers? if not, than what headers do u guys recommend? also, what resonator should i go with? keep in mind that i am on a tight budget.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes you can use cats in custom duals. Hookers are great headers to run, so are pacesetters, and Jet Hot's. If your looking for stainless headers: Kooks, QTP's are great too.
As for cats, Carsound cats flow extremely well for the price, or Random Technology makes very free flowing cats as well for alil more money.
I'm not sure what you mean if you had custom TD's made and the difference in performance. Compared to what? a Ypipe setup, yes you'll make more power. X pipe will give you a deeper sound and more peak power, while an Hpipe will give a classic 60's muscle car sound and more mid range torque and power. The FloPro twisters are GREAT bullet mufflers to put on there and give the car a very mean idle, and even meaner scream at WOT (that's what I run).
Old 11-10-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

would it be cheaper to have them custom done?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

compared to say TSP's pre-fabbed setup? yes it'll probably run you alil bit more money. BUT, they will fit alot better because they are custom made to your car. If your dumping them before the axle, its not like there will be too much tailoring needed for a pre-fabbed setup.
Lane's setup is very well made though. I see your in houston, if you care to drive up to Dallas one day he can make them for you, and his sets are second to none in terms of quality and fitment.