Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i heard of fitment problems with pacesetters and the k-member? any truth in this?

Old 11-13-2005, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i heard of fitment problems with pacesetters and the k-member? any truth in this?

before i order, i know ppl have had a lot of trouble with flowtech.... but i had heard nothing of good things with pacesetter, until i just read in another thread/section, of someone having problems, and having to shave down the k-member and putting a lil dent in the header on that side as well.....

i have mac mids! they were hard enuff to get on actually.. the one side took a good bit of messaging.... i thought i would never get it until it suddenly slipped into place..

but they are starting to rust, and i have a big ol cam now and wanted some pacesetters long tubes with duals... anyone think this is worth the risk tho?

thanks guys
Old 11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
before i order, i know ppl have had a lot of trouble with flowtech.... but i had heard nothing of good things with pacesetter, until i just read in another thread/section, of someone having problems, and having to shave down the k-member and putting a lil dent in the header on that side as well.....

i have mac mids! they were hard enuff to get on actually.. the one side took a good bit of messaging.... i thought i would never get it until it suddenly slipped into place..

but they are starting to rust, and i have a big ol cam now and wanted some pacesetters long tubes with duals... anyone think this is worth the risk tho?

thanks guys
from what i have heard pacesetter corrected that problem, from my own experience i ordered mine in february and they fit like a glove with no elbow grease. i think that you would be ok in ordering some pacesetters.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Ya same with mine, they went right into place. No problems at all.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine fit fine. Just make sure you can safely jack it up enough to get the passenger side in.

All I had to do other than that was cut off the block tab and remove the passenger side heat shield for a little easier time. Had the old system off and headers on in six hours by myself in my driveway. Pacesetters are cake.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. They are very easy to install. I think the old versions of them were the ones that caused a little fitment issues.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have listened to most people on this site and went with Kooks or QTP because my pacesetters are starting to rust after only a few months. AC condinsation drips right onto my passanger side collector. If you don't have AC, then I say these would be great headers.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

Our Pacesetters were a lot easier than i thought they were going to be! We did not have to jack up the engine, remove the steering linkage or anything. Just a little room underneath to manuever the headers into position and they slipped right in with no problems!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Same here. No problems except I had to losen(sp) the header bolts to get the y-pipe to fit. An air ratchet is the best tool in the world when installing headers. Mine took ~4 1/2 hrs by myself on jack stands.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

with earlier models i think the block mod or the jacking up manuver was necessary. Either or, both are easy to do. I did not cut the block, I just loosened up the DS motor mount bolts to fit it in. I did however grind my k member a little to fix the interference problem at wot. My problem was with the DS collector being too high and the y pipe hitting the floorpan. The ypipe does not fit at all. I hope they fixed this now. A custom y pipe was needed in my case to replace the pacesetter pipe and im still not satisfied. My Y pipe came black painted in color. Now the Y-pipes seem to be natural metal colored. This may be the difference between pre and post engineered y-pipes. who knows.

Search this Thread