Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Dilema

Old 11-14-2005, 06:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Exhaust Dilema

What I have now

Hooker L/T headers, into a catted custom Y pipe, into 1 Flowmaster single chamber muffler and its all 3 inch pipe.

I am trying to find a happy medium between of great, non-glasspack sound (which I sorta have now), and reasonableness. I have rasp under load with my set up now, but a great deep rumble at normal driving, and once I wind her up a bit.

Will a Hooker cat back, quiet me down a lot? I have heard a lot of good things about Hooker Cats. I know A GMMG would be great, but I have to consiter cost as well.

Any opinions?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah im definately gonna say go with the hooker catback one of the sweetest sounds out there and wont cost you a fortune...
Old 11-14-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have just been breaking in my new exhaust. JetHot LTs, JH cat-optional ypipe, Hooker catback. Haven't put on the tips yet but it sounds wicked. Very quiet at idle, nice rumble up to 3k rpms, screams nice and smooth at wot.

It sounds like the clips I heard of the GMMG on a completely stock car. I have a little rasp between 3-4k but I still need to tighten the 8 band clamps holding everything together. I have been waiting for a few heat cycles to do it.

Search this Thread