Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers ?

I want to get long tubes for my car and I have been doing a lot of research, but I just haven’t found anything solid to answer my questions. My buddies keep telling me to just go ahead and get some jet hot/hookers. They are good quality for the price. I’ve always had in mind though kooks/qtps. It seems that people always say go with the kooks/qtps if money is not an issue. Now I’m only 23 so money is somewhat of an issue, but I don’t want to go cheap just to save a few bucks short-term, and be kicking myself down the road for not doing it right the first time. Some people say that you get what you pay for, while others say it is just a waste of money. I plan on lowering the car in the future so slp’s are an automatic no-no, and I don’t want these things to rust, so that takes pacesetters off the list. I’m kinda confused on where to go to now and I just need some direction at this point.

-Ryan
Old 11-15-2005, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

The best headers are Kooks with their Y-pipe. the QTP stainless are also great BUT It is a Pain to get ANY y-pipe to fit right on them from what I've read. But either of those 2 will cost you.

I was thinking about getting Kooks, but decided that going with stainless wasnt worth the extra $500 so I went with the Pacesetters and Y-pipe combo from Speed inc. Best bang for the buck and if you search them up, complaints are rare.

Not where you read that they rust.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:29 PM

There are ony two ways to go with headers. If money is an issue, get Pacesetters Coated for like $300. Jet hot & Hooker are not worth the price difference over the pacesetters. If you have the cash or just want the best, get Kooks Stainless steel for like $800 + Y-pipe cost.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:01 AM
Launching!

I couldn't be happier with my Kooks. I got a great deal on them from one of the sponsors on here. The quality of the headers was outstanding and the fitment was amazing. They slid right in. I just turned 22 so money is an issue for me. I saved up for a while to get them, and used my taxes. It is like night and day with the headers. Good luck with you decision.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:40 AM
TECH Addict

Kooks with x-pipe true duals, love my setup!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys. I think that I'm leaning towards the kooks. Where is the best place to get these? I know we have a lot of people over here -------> that sell this stuff...just figure I'd get some feedback from any of yall that have used these places.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like someone else said....either the Pacesetters for a great bang for the buck, or all out with Kooks.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RYNO_Z
I want to get long tubes for my car and I have been doing a lot of research, but I just haven’t found anything solid to answer my questions. My buddies keep telling me to just go ahead and get some jet hot/hookers. They are good quality for the price. I’ve always had in mind though kooks/qtps. It seems that people always say go with the kooks/qtps if money is not an issue. Now I’m only 23 so money is somewhat of an issue, but I don’t want to go cheap just to save a few bucks short-term, and be kicking myself down the road for not doing it right the first time. Some people say that you get what you pay for, while others say it is just a waste of money. I plan on lowering the car in the future so slp’s are an automatic no-no, and I don’t want these things to rust, so that takes pacesetters off the list. I’m kinda confused on where to go to now and I just need some direction at this point.

-Ryan
Hey Ryan Charles with sdpc a sponsor on the sight scene you were looking for a set of header.. I can get you a set up by kooks for about 1300.00 plus frt depending on set up you want ... call me at 1-800-456-0211 ext355
Old 11-17-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

i love my qtp's. very easy to install. the y pipe does hang low on the driver's side but that can be adjusted. i'm 23 and money is an issue for me also. i saved up and waited for a gp before i got mine.