Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Pipe Hangs

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Pipe Hangs

I purchased an exhaust from another member off here and he included everything needed for the install. However, did he forget something or is this installed incorectly?

The second rubber stopper closer to the tip doesnt have a hanger on it. The car has a whole for a hanger (2 holes).

My question is, can a part to hold the exhaust pipe up like this be purchased? If so, where from? Can something easily be fabbed up? My thinking was that it needed to be something like an S-Hook.

I went for the fuscha colored zip-lock method but that quickly failed. The reforming of a clothing hanger also chickened out and bent like a 2 dollar french *****.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You could try to heat up that hanger and bend it down tword the ground, making it shorter that might pull that pipe up closer to the bumper. If you have the tools (welder, and tourch) I maid mine for my hooker CB. Get a piece of 1/4" cold roll Heat it up and bend around a 2 1/2" piece of pipe and then put the 90* bend where it has to go in the hanger.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks! I'll certainly take a stab at that and let you know how it goes.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Put a hose clamp around the bushing and tighten it up to the desired spot and you're set.