Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would like your opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like your opinion.

I am looking at exhausts right now and I cannot decide between a borla cat back system or SLP loudmouth system. I am looking to get that low rumble but also want it to be loud enough to draw attention when I drive by. If you all could help me with personal experiences or whatever that would be great.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

well i have no experiance with either of those but i have pacesetter LT's,ORY,and a magnaflow catback and its exactly like you said at idle and when on the gas its a nice rumble but when its wide open throttle its mean as can be and sounds great..
Old 11-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

from what i have read on here before these are both good systems.both as a catback system only, sound good. do you plan on headers or off road y in the near future? if so i wouldnt go with the loudmouth, i think it starts to sound annoying after you add those two components. borla seems to be very popular on this site. buddy of mine has the borla with mac mid-lengths and ory his car is an Lt1 and it sounds badass. also check out LS1sounds.com
Old 11-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

i have the loudmouth on my car with ory and longtubes and i love the sound. it is loud as hell though so probably not the best for daily driver.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

Default exhaust ?

I'm runnin hooker LT's and ory, with a Borla adjustable cat-back, sounds awesome when gettin on it, a nice rumble at startup, and a nice mellow rather quiet at idle, very sleeper at the lights or gtg's. use the borla muffler, use the wide open plate in the pipe. have fun
Old 11-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

I 2nd the Borla. I've heard a few Loudmouth getups in person, and honestly... it uhhh, kinda sounds like a neutered hot rod. The power's still there, but the sound isn't. A bodybuilder with a feminine voice, if you will.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

If you can afford the Borla, do it! Adjustable...