Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't get my Corsa tips straight...pics please

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I can't get my Corsa tips straight...pics please

Hey guys...I just got the Corsa catback with the Premium tips for my TA. For the life of me I can't get the tips completely centered in the bumper holes, and the right tip always seems to be angled down. Any pics of your setups so I have something to compare with? Any other tips/pointers would be awesome! Thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 12:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

It's never easy to get any of the aftermarket systems to line up perfect/sit even with the bumber. I've installed many, many F-body catbacks and not a single one has lined up well enough for me without doing some tweaking and modifing/adjusting of the tailpipes/tips.

Some general tricks include (not necessarily for Corsa though), using hose clamps to compress the rubber hangers that hold the tips at the bumper and/or the left side tail pipe; bending of the metal hangers that hold the tips at the bumper and/or left side tail pipe; drilling new holes for and moving the hanger than holds the I-pipe where it comes over the axle on the right side; cutting down the tailpipes (when possibile) so the tips can be slid back further.

Sometimes you just have to play with it for a while. Usually, it takes me longer to get the system adjusted than it does to actually remove the old one and install the new one.

One other tip, don't tighten anything down until the whole system is on the car. If you tighten as you go, it's going to make it harder to adjust everything when you're done. Also, I usually tighten back to front, checking the tailpipes to make sure they didn't move much after every point I tighten.

And lastly, don't worry if it's not 100% perfect. None of these systems (including the stock catback) actually line up 100% perfect. Yes, I've taken measurements to prove this, and on the 3 LS1 cars I've owned not a single factory system has been 100% perfect. It's especially hard on the TAs because of the bumper design with the tail pipe cutouts. So just get it as good as you can and don't worry about it.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay...thanks for your help. Any other pics just to see how you guys have the tips situated?