Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter LT's (help)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter LT's (help)

Hey guys, i finally got around to installing my long tubes last weekend. Overall I wouldnt say the install was that hard, I also have a lift so that was a huge help. I have the headers totally installed, with the y pipe and everything, the EGR went in alright after messing around with it for a little. Heres my question...When I went to screw the AIR tubes into the headers (on both side of the car) the stock AIR tubes would not screw into the threads on the pacesetters. It almost seemed as if the AIR tubes were metric and the threads in the headers were standard, or vis-versa. I have tried freezing the AIR tubes (to make them somewhat smaller) and heating up the headers a little, and nothing seems to work. It seems as if there is no possible way to screw the AIR tubes into the threads on the headers. This is the only problem I ran into while installing the headers. Has this happened to anyone else before? Oh, by the way the car is a '94 B4C. Thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have to use nuts and lockwashers on the other side. I had
the same problem.
John
Old 11-20-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

on mine the flanges on the air and egr didn't have threads you have to use lockwashers and nuts as John said.