Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I *$@#ed up

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I *$@#ed up

I just finished my LT's header/spark plug-wire/motor mounts swap and I messed up with 1 thing. I forgot to connect the #4 cylinder spark plug wire to the coil...this is how it went: I started the car, let it run for 2-4minutes and then i shut it off cause I heard somethin wasn't right and that happened to be the coil shooting spark (the spark plug wire wasnt connected). I shut the car off and connected the plug....Then I started the car back up again and let it run for about a min. but I turned it off again cause I've seen smoke come out of the #4spark plug.......Here's my deliema-do I let the car sit for the night and start it back up tomorrow or do I let it sit and take the plug out and replace it(tomorrow)?
P.S. The Y-pipe is not on yet, I'm running open headers(Im having a muffler shop install the y-pipe cause the diameter of the Y-pipe and diameter of the cat-back is almost identical)
Any help would be extremely appreciated
Old 11-22-2005, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

i kinda did the same thing where one of the plug wires wasnt fully snapped in. just plugged it back in and it was fine. maybe fuel got on the spark plug.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

The smoke was probably just oil, could be from your diry hands. It's happened to me before a few times.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

You should be fine, just connect the plug to the coil and run it. There shouldn't be any damage done, unless you run it like that for days.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

smoke is from all the oils on urs hands
Old 11-22-2005, 08:07 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

I agree with these folks. I missed the #8 after my header
install and drove it down the road and back about 2 miles.
(open headers) Got the flashing SES, hooked up
Autotap and saw misfires on #8, plugged it in and rolled
out to about 130 to blow it out.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

WOW, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, what a $#%@en relief, haha.....I'm gonna do a lil write up tomorrow as far as the Pacesetter LT headers-ypipe/prothane motor mounts/Bo White TB/NGK plugs and MSD wires go......O, I forgot, I also got this oil catch can from Ebay for $30 with shipping, looks sweet!!
Tomorrow I'm gonna drive the car to the muffler shop to get the Y-pipe installed(the diameter of the y-pipe and the catback is almost identical), hopefully I wont get pulled over.
Thanks again