Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM vs Rumbler vs Flowmaster 80

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LM vs Rumbler vs Flowmaster 80

My car has stock headers/y-pipe right now, and I don't plan on changing as I am a poor college student without much to spend on the car. Right now I have flowmaster 80 series on the car from the previous owner, and while it sounds OK I would like it to be louder.

I have been on ls1sounds for the last 15 minutes trying to get a good comparison of the three to see what would really be changing, but I haven't come up with much.

My main question is, would LM or Rumbler be louder than the 80 series I have now, and if so which would be best to go with? I know the rumbler is cheaper but the little difference between the two isnt a HUGE issue to me if the LM will sound way better.

I'm hoping to hear from someone who had heard them all on stock cars to give me a good opinion.

Thanks guys
Old 11-23-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

They would both be a lot louder, but you will pickup a lot of rasp. I would go with the LM.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

since you are po then get the rumbler

its basicly a copy of the LM except its not stainless and it has a bullet mufler instaed of a resonator
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Full-Force

its basicly a copy of the LM except its not stainless and it has a bullet mufler instaed of a resonator
But will it sound the same / be just as loud or what?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:49 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Force

x2

It will be just as loud. May even sound a bit better IMO.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the rumbler sounds better than the lm, it's not quite as loud (at least my neighbors haven't b*tched yet)
I get alot of compliments on the sound of my rumbler, especially when going WOT
I like it it's cheap, and the last aluminized exhaust I had is still on the car, and not rusted
Old 11-24-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

the loudmouth is really loud. its a great system and if you want loud and badass, get the LM
Old 11-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

I just installed a loudmouth a few days ago it sounds amazing. I highly reccomend it. It is loud and mean at WOT but mellow at low rpms
Old 11-24-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Onyxhawk
I just installed a loudmouth a few days ago it sounds amazing. I highly reccomend it. It is loud and mean at WOT but mellow at low rpms
Yeah but compared to the rumbler how much louder is it?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

the rumbler is more of a nice controlled loud system, the LM is crazy untamed loud. but of course i have a rumbler so i say go with the rumbler!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

It is loud at WOT but not as loud as a cutout. It has a nice deep clean tone(not too raspy like a cutout can be). I concidered the rumbler before I bought the loudmouth but after hearing both on ls1sounds.com I liked the loudmouth sound much better. The rumbler sounded too muffled and I didnt like the tips as much. Mine look just like my old stock tips did.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

If you ever plan on getting headers don't get the loudmouth. It sounds like crap with out headers. It would only sound worst with headers. I had it before I got my Long Tubes and I hated it. I now have the Hooker Catback and it doesn't sounds bad.

There are a lot of better choices than you mentioned. Magnaflow (Stainless) sounds good both before and after Headers. That would be a good choice.

Good luck,

Al
Old 11-25-2005, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i guess its all preferrence because i love my loud mouth and i have long tubes and no cats. i think it sounds unbelievable. you might just have to find a couple people who you can hear thier vehicles in person or just use ls1sounds.com because listening to people is always a little biased. just a thought...

justin
Old 11-25-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AKRA
If you ever plan on getting headers don't get the loudmouth. It sounds like crap with out headers. It would only sound worst with headers. I had it before I got my Long Tubes and I hated it. I now have the Hooker Catback and it doesn't sounds bad.

There are a lot of better choices than you mentioned. Magnaflow (Stainless) sounds good both before and after Headers. That would be a good choice.

Good luck,

Al
I also said I don't have much money at all to spend and that I would not be getting headers for atleast 3 more years